Friday, September 24, 2004

I heart iPod!

Ok, I hate to sound like a commercial...but I am in love with my iPod! Really! What a great little gadget this is! I love it! Love it! Have I mentioned I love it? hehe...Honestly, I have been downloading songs onto it all week, from my CD collection and from iTunes. The only problem I'm having right now is that I have a dial-up internet connection (I know, I am so lame), so it takes like 15 minutes to DL one song from iTunes. But transfering a full CD of music to my iPod takes about 8-10 minutes, so it's wonderful!

I also made my first Playlist yesterday..."The Many Sides of Cyndi", I'm calling it. It's a sort of "best of" of Cyndi Lauper...it includes all the hits, plus my fav tracks from her non-hit albums and a live track. What I love about Playlists is that they are never final! I can keep adding songs if I want...which rocks! It's an amazing invention, and I don't know how I lived without it for so long.

And of course, Dusty Springfield is featured prominently on my iPod. She sounds even better over the iPod with the headphones. The opening lines of "Turn Me Around" from the glorious It Begins Again (1978) sound a-m-a-z-i-n-g! It's like she's whispering in my ear!

I've also DL'ed other great Dusty classic CDs, like A Brand New Me (UK title: From Dusty With Love) (1970) , Cameo (1973) and my very first Dusty album ever..sentimental favorite...Ev'rything's Coming Up Dusty (1966). Ahhh! What joy! Dusty's voice was made for iPod/headphone listening! So sensual, so sensitive, and so remarkably smooth!

I love it! Love it!








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home