Thursday, September 09, 2004

Ok..now it's really gotten bad!

Okay, first I complain that I wasn't blogging regularly when I skipped 1 week! Now I've skipped like 3 weeks! ACK!

Ok, ok, I will try to do better at writing more frequently, but it's just about finding the time.

Currently, I am truly swamped with all the activities I am undertaking...it's all good stuff, but it's truly keeping me on my toes! (literally!)

Aside from working 40 hours a week at my day job, I've also just begun my 2nd year of teaching Movement for the Actor at The National Conservatory of Dramatic Arts. It's a great place to work and I loved it last year, so I'm sure this year will be more of the same-I hope! This semester I am teaching Movement I (having taught Movement II as well in the past). I only have 5 students! That's a great number to really be able to give them individual attention. That's one of the things I love most about NCDA, that I always feel I have time to spend 1-on-1 with each student, something I've never felt I had before when I was teaching at VCU or at University of Maryland with classes of 22-25 students per semester! I'm sorry, but that's just too many, especially for what I teach.

Then, I'm also currently working on 3 shows! 3! Well, they are sort of overlapping right now but it's not as bad as it sounds. Jesus Christ Superstar for Open Circle Theatre is going incredibly well. The cast is sweet as pie and the director has wonderful ideas. And almost all the choreography is done for that one, it's now mostly cleaning and brushing up-lots of it! Once Upon A Mattress, for Potomac Theatre Company, doesn't start rehearsals till October (and opens in late November), but I have to run dance auditions for the show this next week, so that's taking up whatever free time I had in the evenings from JCS rehearsals (which wasn't much).

On top of all that, I am starting rehearsals for my dance piece for the 2nd installment of our DC choreographers showcase called True To Form on the 26th. This is a Choreography Showcase that me and 5 other choreographers have put together to showcase our work at Joy of Motion in Friendship Heights. We created it last year and the show was a great success, so we are trying it again this year. It's a wonderful venture, but I have to rehearse my dancers and finding time and space is not easy. Once again this year, I will be rehearsing at Athens Gym on Sunday nights. Just six-3 hour rehearsals to do the whole piece, which shouldn't be too bad actually, considering it's just a 4 min. jazz piece set to Kylie Minogue's "Koocachoo". It should be fun, I am very excited about it.

I guess that's all to report for now, I'm sure all these projects will keep me quite busy through December, which means before I know it I'll be in Montevideo, visiting my folks for the Holiday season! Yikes! Time flies.

Oh, BTW, my birthday is next week, so if I sound a bit like I'm waxing nostalgic about time and the passage of time, you'll understand why. : )


1 Comments:

Blogger Scatterbrain said...

I was wondering where you were!
You sound way too busy. Any chance you might be visiting anytime soon?...
Kissies-
Nosi

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home