Thursday, May 12, 2005

We'll Always Have Paris...

Good news! I will be traveling to Paris, France from July 7-20! I am very excited about this trip! The last time I was in Paris was 15 years ago! I'm sure the city has changed a lot since then, and I am excited to spend some time strolling along the Seine, visiting Montmartre and examining the Musee D'Orsay and The Louvre.

I have been putting together a new playlist on my iPod in honor of the recent announcement of my Paris trip, it's called "We'll Always Have Paris..." here is the track list:

"To Love Again", Jane Olivor, The Best of Jane Olivor
"Et Maintenant", Dee Dee Bridgewater, J'ai Deux Amours
"Quelqu'un M'a Dit", Carla Bruni, Quelqu'un M'a Dit
"Chanson des Jumelles" from the film Les Demoiselles de Rochefort
"Poema Dos Olhos da Amada", Maria Bethânia, Maria
"C'est Si Bon", Eartha Kitt, Eartha Kitt in Person at the Paris Olympia
"Milord", Edith Piaf, Edith Piaf-Immortal Sparrow of France
"Marathon (Les Flamandes)" from the musical Jacques Brel
"La Goulante du Pauvre Jean (The Ballad of Poor Old John)", Elaine Paige, Piaf
"Chanson de Maxence" from the film Les Demoiselles de Rochefort
"Recit de Cassard" from the film Les Parapluies de Cherbourg
"Main Title" from the film Victor/Victoria
"Gay Paree" from the film Victor/Victoria
"Autumn Leaves (Les Feuilles Morts)", Barbra Streisand, Je M'Appelle Barbra
"Bravo tu as Gagné", Mireille Mathieu, Bonjour Mireille
"Elle Est Fini (La Belle Histoire)", Petula Clark, C'est Ma Chanson
"If You Go Away (Ne Me Quitte Pas)", Dusty Springfield, The Look of Love
"Quand on N'a Que L'Amour", Jacques Brel, Infiniment
"I Love Paris", Annie Ross, Skylark
"Ça C'est L'Amour", Tony Bennett, Fifty Years-The Artistry of Tony Bennett
"L'effet Que Tu Me Fais", Edith Piaf, Edith Piaf-Immortal Sparrow of France

2 Comments:

Blogger Scatterbrain said...

Ah, I'm so jealous! My old hometown...Here are a few sites to visit while you are there, that will be totally worthwhile since the weather should be nice: Musee Rodin, Jardins de Luxembourg...and take the RER to Versailles for an amazing day. If you can, find out about any tours/trains/buses going to nearby Chateau Vaux le Vicomte and Monet's Giverny. Actually, just take me and I'll organize everything for you- you can pay me in crepes au Nutella... ;-)

5:58 AM  
Blogger LuvDusty said...

VZ! Thx for the comment! I am so excited to go! It's for work, and I will be working hard during the day, but most of the evenings and the 2 weekends will be mine! :)

I will def. try to get to Giverny! I've seen all the other places you listed, except for Jardins de Luxembourg and Rodin's museum..I am def. doing that, because I love Rodin and his sculptures were the main influence on the movement styles of actors during the Melodramas of the 19th century! My fav dramatic form! :)

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home