Friday, April 22, 2005

RIP Ruth Elena Perrone

My dear dear Grandmother, RUTH ELENA PERRONE, passed away on April 11. She was 87 years old. She was a very important person in my life, always around when I was a child and often acting as the "Nanny" when my parents weren't available to care for me. She is a part of all my childhood and young adult memories and will forever be a part of me. We actually shared many personality traits and I'm sure I got my strong sense of work ethic, my boundless energy (that allows me to have 3 careers simultaneously!) and my highly developed critical thinking skills from her. I owe her so much. And now she is gone.

The only positive of all this, is that at least she is truly "at peace", after a long 7 year battle with several strokes, dementia and Alzheimer's disease. Her passing also makes the life of my parents a little bit more free, since her care towards the last couple of years had become really time-consuming, stressful and expensive.

So, here's to a great woman, RUTH ELENA PERRONE, my dear "Abuela" as I called her. May she rest in peace.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your lost even if it is over two years now...anyway this is the first time that I opened your blog. I got curious coz we bought 2 frames with a gown designs on it and has a signature of Elena Perrone, my daughter is into designs so when she saw it we bought it right away..she loved it! That's the reason why we check her name on google and we came across your blog..we just don't know if she's your abuela or any of your relations because your from DC while we bought it here in Las Vegas..anyway good luck to you and your blog. my regards!

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home