Wednesday, February 02, 2005

New Interview with Simon Bell...and more on Dusty!

I just discovered that there is a new interview with Simon Bell, Dusty's ever faithful friend and talented back-up singer (1978-1999), on a wonderful Dusty Springfield website called

DUSTY SPRINGFIELD: WHITE LADY OF SOUL

If you get a chance, check it out, it's a wonderful way to pass a few minutes on-line and learn a bit more about the Greatest Female singer Britain ever produced! If you think Petula Clark is the pinnacle of what the UK had to offer, think again...

Speaking of Dusty--and aren't I always?--I've found her music sounds even better on my iPod. I can't believe how intimate her songs sound over the tiny little iPod speakers! Songs like "Easy Evil" and "Let Me Get In Your Way", suddenly feel as if Dusty is whispering them right into my ear! It's heaven!

I watched DEFINITELY: DUSTY for the umpteenth time last Friday night. Every time I watch it, I get more pleasure out of this fantastic 1 hour BBC documentary directed by Serena Cross on the life and career of Miss Springfield. It's amazing how many layers and how many new things I learn about Dusty each time I watch it! She was truly a remarkable woman with a very unique approach to life and her work. I wish they would release it on DVD already! I would be the first to buy it! Besides, it's much better than that other documentary: FULL CIRCLE: THE LIFE AND TIMES OF DUSTY SPRINGFIELD , which doesn't cover enough about her life and music, although it can be funny at places, with Jennifer Saunders (from AbFab) and Dawn French as interviewers. But overall, it leaves you wanting more. The Serena Cross documentary is much more complete and gives you a much richer picture of this rather complex lady! Enjoy!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home