Saturday, July 17, 2004

Sun, Pool and Fun...

Okay, so it's finally the weekend.   I tell you, it's been quite a week, so it was great to finally make it to that mini two day break we are lucky to have between each crazy work week.
 
Friday night was great cause I got to go to a party at my friend Katia's house.   Katia is a co-worker of mine at my day job and she is one of the coolest people I know.   She is half-French and half-Spanish, and she is just a little firecracker!   She has a wonderful new kitten called Luna.   Luna is the cutest little thing, and while I've always been more of a dog person, Luna has certainly won me over with her charm.   She is just such a people cat, when most cats seem to not really care whether you are there or not.    Not Luna, she likes people and wants people to play with her and that makes all the difference.    Katia cooked some delicious Spanish "Tortilla de Papas" and chorizos and we all had a great time talking about our lives, bitching about work and just laughing a lot.
 
Today I've been enjoying my pool, hanging out with some friends who live in my condo and just catching up on the gossip.    Apparently, last night there was this big brouhaha (is that how that is spelled?) at my condo.   A resident from the 6th floor was taken out of the building in handcuffs and on a stretcher.   Apparently, she had some sort of nervous breakdown.   I didn't see it, but I was told.    In a way it's kind of scary.    She was in her mid 40s and lived alone with her cat.    You can't help but wonder what made her snap?   And who's to say I'm not next!  :)
 
I'm just kiddin'!   But it does make you think about how lucky you can be when you have friends and family who care for you and you aren't all alone in the world.   Some people are, and I feel bad for them.
 
Tonight I will probably head over to Remington's, my favorite gay bar in D.C.    It's a country-western bar actually, and while I used to hate country music, I have to admit I have grown to love it and especially the dancing!   Two-stepping is a wonderful hobby and a way to meet neat people in a non-threatening atmosphere.    I have been a regular at Remy's (as we call it) for over 3 years now and I have no plans of stopping my visits.   It's truly a great place to hang out, especially on a Saturday night.   The crowd is friendly, the music is good and the price is right (only $4 cover!).    
 
Tomorrow I have plans to have brunch with my friend Justin, who is visiting from out of town, together with my friends Stephen and Jim.    It should be fun.   Then in the afternoon I have rehearsal for Sweet Charity.
 
As for Dusty, I have been enjoying my recent issue of the Dusty Springfield Bulletin, a quarterly fan magazine for Dusty afficionados, like me.     It's made in the U.K. by Paul Howes, one of Dusty's longest time fans.   He does a fantastic job putting it all together with fantastic color pictures and great interviews and articles about La Springfield.    It's truly a wonderful magazine for us Dusty fans.     Apparently, a new Dusty song has been discovered that nobody has ever known about before.   The song is called "I Will Wait For Love" and was recorded (but never used) for the 1969 film A Nice Girl Like Me.    Paul keeps unearthing these never before heard singles/songs and it makes for quite a lot of excitement for those of us who thought there was no more "new"  Dusty to be heard, especially since her death 5 years ago.     I am anxious to get a hand on a copy of it when it is released.
 
Well, that's about it for today, I hope to post again on Monday if I get a chance.   It's the first day of a big Environmental Economics for Development Policy course I am running, so I'm not sure I will find time in the hectic day to blog, but I will try.
 
Here's to enjoying what's left of the weekend!
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home