Thursday, July 15, 2004

Musings of a burnoutee

Ack! It's turned into quite a busy day here at the ol' day job. I find it's sometimes rather dull to just sit here and do my daily administrative tasks. But if I can stay focused on the big picture (helping the poor!), I can somehow get through the beaurocracy and the minutia. Somehow. Someplace. Somewhere.

Anyway, I doubt if anyone will ever even read this. The whole idea of a Blog is sort of weird. I mean, it's sort of like a journal, but then, not. I mean..a journal is private, a blog..well everyone/anyone can read it. So as tempted as I am to use this forum to vent my most intimate frustrations and reveal my innermost secrets, I think I may have to refrain.

Who knows who might read it? I could get in trouble.

HA!

Anyway, yesterday was Bastille Day ("Vive La France!") and I went with several co-workers to this great little French bistro in Georgetwon called Café La Ruche.

This place has wonderful atmosphere, delicious food and wine, but somewhat slow and haphazard service. But overall, it was a fun night. I actually walked home from Georgetown after dinner. It's nice to be able to live close enough to walk home. It did take about 45 minutes, but it was such a lovely evening and I needed the exercise. And the view of D.C. from the Key Bridge is always soothing.

Did you know that Dusty Springfield, my favorite singer of all time actually recorded an entire album in French? It's called Mademoiselle Dusty...it was actually an EP released in the 60s containing many of her French language recordings. Dusty was amazingly eclectic, and not only did she sing beautifully in English, her native language, but she also sang in French, Italian, German, Portuguese and Spanish. All with great skill and nuance. The woman was a genius!

For a list of some of Dusty's foreign language songs:

Continental Dusty

For a picture of the cover of the Mademoiselle Dusty EP (gotta love that hair!) go here:

Mademoiselle Dusty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home